The Faith Communities Working Group strives to be a conduit for local faith communities and RISE, in order to share information and events that foster relationships and develop our inter-connectedness across faith traditions.
Upcoming events in our local faith communities
Out of Many, One
Tuesday July 25, 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Temple Isaiah of Lexington, 55 Lincoln St, Lexington, MA 02421, USA
A Teach-in & Solidarity with the Boston Muslim community
GBIO’s next “Out of Many, One”: Teach-In and Solidarity with the Boston Muslim Community will be hosted by Temple Isaiah (55 Lincoln St., Lexington) on Tuesday, July 25 from 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm.
Join together with our Muslim neighbors from the Islamic Society of Boston Cultural Center and other Greater Boston Interfaith Organization leaders for an evening of learning, relationship-building and solidarity. This is an opportunity to learn more about the Muslim faith and to hear stories from individuals of their experiences being Muslim in Boston. We’ll also learn about specific threats facing the Muslim community in these troubling times and about what we can do to be of support.
Faith Issues in the News
- “Muslim and Jewish communities bond amid fear.” Read the article here from The Boston Globe
- “After playing all season, Maryland girl held out of basketball game for wearing a hijab.” Read the article here from the Washington Post
- “Post-election spate of hate crimes worse than post-9/11, experts say.” Read the article here from USA Today
- “Cardinal O’Malley addresses immigration.” Read the article and letter here from The Boston Globe
- A Statement of Prayer from the Black Ministerial Alliance for our Community, our City, our Commonwealth and our Country. Read the statement here
Boston Area Interfaith Organizations