Important update – Rep. Liz Malia will attend tomorrow night’s Immigrant Rights Meeting – thank you Rep. Malia! Senator Mike Rush had a scheduling conflict and is sending an aide in his place. Your presence is more important now than ever – join us to send the message that Roslindale really is for Everyone!
~ En español abajo ~
Immigration in the Age of Trump:
What Massachusetts Can Do To Protect Civil Rights & Keep All Safe
A Forum with State Senator Mike Rush on the Safe Communities Act
Tuesday, June 6, 6:30-8:00pm
Roslindale Congregational Church, 25 Cummins Highway
RSVP and Share on Facebook!
Food | Spanish/English Interpretation | Childcare
The Safe Communities Act is a bill designed to protect the civil rights of all state residents. It will make sure our state and local tax dollars are not used to help the Trump administration deport immigrant families or create a Muslim registry.
Senator Rush represents almost all of Roslindale and plays a key role in getting this bill passed! He sits on the Joint Committee on Public Safety and Homeland Security which is considering the bill. Senator Rush has not yet taken a position – as his constituents, we deserve to know what he thinks.
This meeting on June 6th is our opportunity to:
- Ask Senator Rush to use his influence to move the bill out of the Joint Committee on Safety and Homeland Security on which he serves,
- Share our stories about how the fear of new federal laws and policies that target immigrants are impacting our neighborhood,
- Hear Senator Rush’s position is on the Safe Communities Act,
- Get “Know Your Rights” Cards & Referrals for Legal Help.
For more information on the Safe Communities Act, see https://www.miracoalition.org/safe-communities.
Reunión de RISE con el Senador Estatal Mike Rush
Martes, 6 de junio, 6: 30-8pm
Roslindale Congregational Church
25 Cummins Highway
RSVP en Facebook
Comida | Interpretación Español | Cuidado Infantil
Únase a nosotros para:
- Escuchar la presentación de la Coalición de Defensa para los Derechos de Inmigrantes y Refugiados de Massachusetts (MIRA) sobre El Acta de Comunidades Seguras (S.1305 / H.3269)
- Compartir sus historias con el Senador Rush
- Preguntarle al Senador su posición sobre el Acta
- Obtener una Tarjeta de “Conozca sus Derechos” referidos para ayuda legal